Saturday 19 March 2011

Then and Now

One year ago I was struggling to figure the job I had just begun. I was passing out every afternoon from the exhaustion of trying to keep up all day.
One year ago I was so grateful to be working again, after 8 months of looking for a job, any job.
One year ago I was living in my hometown with my parents, babysitting my niece every so often.

Now I am living in a completely new continent for me.
Now I am learning a new language.
Now I am getting used a new job all over again.

I am still doing what I love. But the rules have changed somewhat. I am travelling again which always brings a special kind of fulfillment to my life, despite the awkward changes and difficult bits. I am meeting new people and yet still keeping in touch with the old ones.

One year ago I could not have guessed that I would be here, doing this. And I think it's those decisions - those completely life-altering decisions that really bring out who you are. Whether it's changing careers, changing countries or changing lifestyles (and sometimes all three), it makes you so aware of who you are and where your strengths lie.

The big decisions are the scariest but they are also the most rewarding.

No comments:

Post a Comment