Monday 20 February 2012

A year on...in-one-year

In March it will be a year since I started this blog. For those who are new to it (and a reminder to the old) I started the blog after we moved to a different country and continent. Life as we knew it had changed so much and it was quite often overwhelming adjusting to a new life. The blog was a way of sharing stories, some my own and some of friends who have experienced something that made them STOP and think about an event that allowed them change who they are or the way they viewed life.

Some wrote about humbling journeys, some wrote about taking a leap and starting a new chapter and some wrote about small moments of clarity that lead to big moments of change. To all who contributed, thank you for sharing with everyone out there...

For me 2011 was a a year filled with many great moments but the times between 'greatness' were difficult with one clear message that I needed to learn. I needed to learn to let go of so many ideas in my mind of how life should be and my relationships needed to be. And the more I thought about my inability to 'let go' the more I realised how much frustration it caused me.

So, 2011 was the year of acknowledging that there is a huge lesson for me to get through and 2012 is the year for getting through it...

Once again, I hope that the stories and thoughts shared will inspire others to reflect on the possibilites of what can happen in one year.

No comments:

Post a Comment